Reiki, often translated as “Universal Energy”, is a gentle Japanese healing technique developed by Mikao Usui in the early 1900’s. It is widely used by people of any age all over the world to support well-being and health on the physical, emotional and spiritual levels and is not attached to any religion.
It is a simple hands-on treatment method that can be used for self-healing, spiritual development and to treat others. Practitioners carry out daily meditation exercises, treat themselves and follow a simple set of spiritual principles called the ‘Reiki Precepts’. Beneficial changes can be felt over a short space of time.
Reiki can produce:
- Deep relaxation
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Boosted energy levels
- A feeling of inner calm and serenity
- A speeding up of the natural healing process
What can Reiki help?
- emotional issues such as depression, anxiety, fear or anger
- addictive patterns. Reiki can provide immense support for drug or alcohol dependency
- symptoms of stress, such as insomnia, physical tension, high blood pressure, headaches, tinnitus, vertigo
- aids recovery from operations, minor surgery, accidents
- pain can be relieved instantly or over a series of treatments for more chronic problems
- creating peace and quality of life for terminal illness
- children and the elderly respond well to the benefits of Reiki
The client lies fully clothed on a treatment table, or seated if preferred. The practitioner gently lays their hands on the body or hovering just above sensing where the energy is needed. They may use a series of hand positions on the head, torso, legs and feet and hold each of these for a few moments. Energy is drawn through the practitioner into the client to produce a sense of balance and well-being. The client will feel deep relaxtion generally in the form of heat from the practitioner’s hands, a tingling sensation or a feeling of floating. Sometimes nothing at all is felt, but no matter what, the client will be receiving what they need for their highest good. It is often advisable to have a minimum of 4 treatments to feel the full benefits of the healing energy.
Reiki can help to promote a better quality of life, more positivity and a stronger sense of purpose.
Reiki is not a substitute for medical treatment and as such does not claim to diagnose or cure any medical condition. It can support well-being for mind, body and spirit in any way that is needed and is safe to recieve with any on going medical treatment.
Juliet offers Reiki Training in North West London.
- Reiki First Degree “Shoden”
This is for beginners and gives you a permanent connection to Reiki. You will be able to treat yourself, your family and friends and teaches you how to maintain regular practice.
- Reiki Second Degree “Okuden”
This is for those who wish to become a practitioner. Your connection and practice will be strengthened, three Symbols will be introduced and you will begin to work more intuitively.
- Reiki Master/Teacher “Shinpiden”
This is for advanced development and for those who wish to teach others. More symbols will be introduced and you will learn to carry out empowerments and attunements.